Helping to understand Covid travel rules & new Brexit rules
Yes, the last 18 months have been confusing for many reasons. Travelling has become more difficult, but we will try our best to help make it easier for you.
Covid Travel rules
We all know that travel restrictions are changing at all times for visitors coming to London from overeseas. These are the rules, as we understand them, that apply now:
- If you are travelling from a ‘Green’ country, no one needs to self isolate on arrival.
- If you are travelling from an ‘Amber’ country, you do not need to self isolate if you have had a double vaccination of one of the vaccines approved for use in the UK.
- If you travel from an ‘Amber’ country & you have NOT had a double vaccination, you will need to self isolate for a minimum of 5 days.
- If you are travelling from a ‘Red’ country, you will only be able to enter the UK if you are a UK citizen & you will need to isolate in a hotel for 10 days.
- EVERYONE travelling into the UK must have a test prior to travelling & take a 2nd test on day 2 once you have arrived. (visitors who are not double vaccinated & visitors from ‘Red’ countries will need to take further tests)
To see what colour your home country is visit the Gov.uk website
PLEASE NOTE: We will expect all exhibitors at the KDF London Showcase to be EITHER double vaccinated OR have proof that you have had a negative Covid test no more than 48 hrs prior to the show.
Booking your Day 2 Covid Test
When arriving in the UK from most Amber/Green Countries, you will need to take a COVID test on Day 2 of your arrival. We are recommending this Biograd Diagnostics for this:
You would need to book a POSTAL TEST. The test will be posted to you & you take the test & then post the test back. The result is emailed to you.
The price for this is £58.99. This includes all postage charges.
Unfortunately, I cannot book multiple tests for you as you will need to fill in your personal details when booking the test, but, if you are worried about where the test will be delivered to (hotel etc) I am happy to have you put the delivery address as my office. I can then bring the tests to the show for you.
We will also be happy to post all tests for you too.
New Brexit rules for Selling goods in the UK
If you are travelling from the EU, please make sure you are aware of these rules and act as you feel necessary. At the moment, we are unable to really help with advice on the best way to do this, as we have not had any exhibitors travel to our shows who have had to deal with these rules yet, but we recommend you visit the Gov.uk website to see if any custom or VAT charges will apply to you.
On reading this page, it looks like these rules will not be enforced until January 2022.